As with reading, the 4th grade writing curriculum provides students with a balanced literacy approach designed to improve their skills in the 3 genres of writing that are spotlighted in the Common Core State Standards: narrative, opinion, and informational.
Units of Study Include:
- Arc of the Story: Narrative Fiction
- Boxes and Bullets: Personal and Persuasive Essays
- Bringing History to Life Nonfiction Writing
- The Literary Essay: Writing about Fiction
- Compare and Contrast Essay Writing
- Historical Fiction Writing