Phone: (908) 232-8828 ext 333
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Daniel Kessler
Welcome to 6th-grade social studies!
Please refer to our 6th-grade social studies Google Calendar for up to date assignments.
6th Grade Social Studies
The 6th-grade social studies curriculum includes the study of civilizations and cultures of the ancient world.
Units of study include:
- C3 Framework (College, Career, and Civic Life): Basics of history, geography, economics, and civics, which will be applied to all future units.
- Paleolithic and Neolithic Eras: How the invention of agriculture led to the switch from hunter-gatherer to agrarian societies.
- Mesopotamia: How the first complex civilization influenced modern society.
- Egypt: The importance of Egyptian society and its influence on the world.
- India: How the major religions throughout Indian society influenced their everyday lives.
- China: Understanding the critical inventions and processes that affect our everyday lives from ancient China.
- Greece: The significance of Greek civilization and its influence and impact on today's world.