The Special Education Parent Advisory Committee includes collaboration between parents/guardians and the Department of Special Services. By working together, we can help our students grow and help the community to better understand the special needs of our students. Invitations to the meetings will be sent to parents/guardians of classified students who reside in Mountainside. Our goals are:
- To provide support and advocacy for families with children who have special needs.
- To develop more effective communication between parents/guardians and special services staff members in the schools.
- To provide programs and information for parents/guardians and professionals on current topics in special education.
- To improve the educational, recreational, vocational, and social programs for our students.
- To keep abreast of federal, state, and local legislation that may affect the education of exceptional students.
Schedule of Meetings
2020 - 2021
Schedule of Dates
Dates for meetings have not yet been set this year. Information will be included as soon as dates are set.